From bustling marina-side restaurants to hole-in-the-wall eateries tucked away down side streets, Anna Maria Island and neighboring Bradenton have almost every type of Japanese cuisine imaginable - allowing you to customize each meal exactly how you like it!
Keep reading below for our top picks when it comes to finding tasty sushi near Anna Maria Island.
The Island Ocean Star SushiPhoto Credit: Atsushi Hirao
- Price Point: $$$
- Website: islandoceanstarfl.com
- Address: 902 S Bay Blvd, Anna Maria, FL
- Hours: 4:00 PM till 10:00 PM Tuesday through Saturday
- Menu Recommendations: The epic Sashimi Platter, Volcano Roll, Miso Soup
- Good For: Diners wanting to go all-out with the full sushi bar experience!
From the moment you walk through the door, you'll feel as if you've stepped into an oasis of tropical tranquility and hospitality. The cozy atmosphere features Japanese-style decor with rich wood accents, giving it a traditional yet modern vibe.
Located in Downtown Anna Maria Island, the service at Island Ocean Star Sushi is always friendly and attentive, ensuring that your meal will be enjoyable from start to finish. Once seated, you can settle in and enjoy the myriad of creative menu offerings - especially when it comes to sushi.
The chefs at Island Ocean Star Sushi specialize in creating inventive sushi rolls inspired by local flavors and ingredients. Whether you're a fan of classic sushi rolls such as the spicy tuna roll or the more adventurous seafood creations, Island Ocean Star Sushi has something for everyone. And if you're feeling adventurous, try one of their signature items like the Dragon Caribbean Roll - a mix of shrimp tempura, sweet potatoes, and cream cheese rolled in soy paper and topped with crunchy chips.
Kiku Sushi & GrillPhoto Credit: kikusushigrillfl
- Price Point: $$
- Website: kikusushigrillfl.com
- Address: 7338 Cortez Rd W, Bradenton, FL
- Hours: 11:00 AM till 3:00 PM and 4:30 PM till 10:00 PM, Tuesday through Sunday.
- Menu Recommendations: Beef Negimaki, Tampa Bay Roll, Volcano Roll
- Good For: Kiku Sushi and Grill is a great place to get more than sushi. There are also plenty of land-dwelling, cooked menu options for everyone to enjoy!
The unique menu offerings of Kiku Sushi & Grill provide something for everyone. From traditional sushi rolls to cooked dishes like teriyaki, hibachi, bento boxes, and tempura, you'll be sure to find something that pleases your palate. They also offer a great selection of beer, wine, and other non-alcoholic refreshments to pair with your meal.
Whether you're looking for a casual bite or an intimate night out, Kiku Sushi & Grill is the perfect place to enjoy some delicious sushi on Anna Maria Island! Be sure to take advantage of their lunch specials, available from 11:00 AM till 3:00 PM on weekdays.
Sapporo Sushi Hibachi Photo Credit: Sapporo Sushi Hibachi
- Price Point: $$
- Website: ezordernow.com/bradenton-japanese-sapporo
- Address: 7224 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL
- Hours: 11:00 AM till 10:00 PM Monday through Friday; 12:00 PM till 10:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Menu Recommendations: Sexy on the Beach Roll, Mermaid Roll, Sweetheart Roll
- Good For: Guests looking to enjoy the best in terms of artful presentation and delicious, high-quality fish. The hibachi shows are also spectacular.
Diners can choose from an array of traditional sushi rolls or opt for something more creative, like the popular Dragon Roll or Spider Roll. For an even more unique experience, guests can take part in the hibachi dinner show, where chefs dazzle with their skillful cooking skills while entertaining with an interactive performance. The meal also includes soup, salad, fried rice, and vegetables cooked right at your table.
Top off your dinner with one of Sapporo's signature desserts, such as mochi ice cream or tempura banana.
Aroy D Thai and Sushi Photo Credit: Aroy D Thai and Sushi / Sea Sea Sushi
- Price Point: $$
- Website: facebook.com/SeaSeaSushi
- Address: 4442 Cortez Rd W, Bradenton, FL
- Hours: 11:00 AM till 2:00 PM; 4:00 PM till 9:00 PM Thursday through Monday.
- Menu Recommendations: Aroy D Roll, Eel Sushi Bowl
- Good For: Diners who are interested in a sushi experience infused with a Thai influence.
The attentive staff makes sure guests have everything they need throughout their meal, always with a friendly smile. The menu has something for everyone, from traditional sushi rolls to unusual dishes like Spicy Salmon Roll or the Rainbow Rainforest Roll with eel and avocado. For those looking for something different, try one of their signature noodle dishes, such as Pad Kee Mao Seafood or Thom Kha Gai Soup.
Stone Bowl Pan AsianPhoto Credit: stonebowl
- Price Point: $$
- Website: stonebowl.menu
- Address: 5516 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL
- Hours: 11:00 AM till 9:30 PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Menu Recommendations: Double J Roll, Lava Drop Roll, Korean BBQ Bulgogi Stone Bowl, Scallop Roll
- Good For: Families who want an adventurous eating experience and anyone with dietary restrictions, as the restaurant is very accommodating toward its guests!
The menu offers unique Pan-Asian cuisine incorporating flavors from across the Asian continent. Chef specials include handmade sushi rolls, succulent Korean BBQ, spicy Pad Thai, tender teriyaki chicken, and traditional favorites like General Tso's Chicken, Egg Foo Young, and Lo Mein noodles.
All dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients that bring out the flavor of each dish to its fullest potential! There are plenty of lighter options as well, such as edamame or gyoza.